The best body washes are capable of accomplishing multiple tasks at the same time. They not only clean the skin but also hydrate it. They wrap the bather in a blanket of luxury and not only make them feel cleaner but also uplifts their spirit. Unfortunately, there are also some washes that aren’t capable of doing these jobs, or at least aren’t as good at doing these jobs as they should be.
To help you find the best product available, we’ve compiled the following list below. The products that made it onto this list are the ones we’ve judged to be the best one available. We’ve based that conclusion on a number of factors, but mostly on the criteria that we listed above. A good wash for the body should clean, hydrate and uplift the spirit of the user. Hopefully, you’ll feel like the following products accomplish these lofty goals.
Best Body Washes – Top List
10Dove Deep Moisture
This body wash is manufactured by Dove, one of the brands recommended by leading dermatologists, and this product does a great job at not only cleansing a person’s skin but also hydrating it. It’s a deep moisture formula that is easy for the skin to absorb and helps to quickly minimize skin dryness. It’s also an extremely gentle cleanser and is able to remove dirt and excess oil without using sulfates to do it. The result is softer and smoother skin. This product also works up into a thick lather that has a very luxurious feel to it as well.
9Tone Soothing Care
With a pleasant smell and a rich lather, Tone Soothing Care Oatmeal & She Butter is a body wash that can help lift a person mentally while it cleanses and moisturizes their skin at the same time. It’s made with high-quality ingredients that moisturize the skin so well that it creates skin that people just want to touch. This product is not just refreshing and moisturizing, however. It’s also formulated with special ingredients that really help to soothe dry, cracked skin. And since it rinses off cleanly, it will never leave a filmy residue like so many other body wash products do.
8St. Ives Purifying Sea Salt & Kelp
Made with some unique and high-quality ingredients, this body wash is designed to make your skin look younger and feel fresher. It’s formulated with 100% natural ingredients including Pacific sea kelp and sea salt, so it not only cleanses the skin but also refreshes it as well. It’s also designed to really exfoliate dead skin cells, and it softens the surface of the skin as it cleans. This product is also packed with a variety of vitamins and antioxidants that help to breathe new life into tired skin. And since it’s manufactured to be hypoallergenic, it’s never made with parabens or phthalates.
7Olay Age Defying With Vitamin E
The environment can be extremely hard on a person’s skin, and no one knows this little fact better than Olay. That’s why they’ve produced a body wash that’s designed to combat environmental factors, and help to restore skin back to its natural state. It does this by using Vitamin E to deeply moisturize the skin and then follows this up with special moisture-locking ingredients that keep your skin moist all day long. This leaves your skin feeling fresh, hydrated and very supple. Anyone looking to make a change to their body washing routine may want to take a closer look at this age-defying body wash.
6Neutrogena Rainbath Refreshing Gel
This refreshing bath and shower gel are not only designed to deep cleanse a person’s skin but is also made with a fragrant blend of fruits, spices, and herbs that give it a fantastic smell. This product works into a beautiful soap lather that does a great job of removing dirt and excess body oil, and it always leaves the user’s skin feel soft, supple and quite refreshed. It’s a body wash that can be used just with the hands or can be applied to a washcloth or bath puff. Also capable of being used as a shaving gel, this wash is also as versatile as it is effective.
5Sebemed Body & Face Wash
Some wash products do a good job at cleansing, and others do a good job at moisturizing the skin but have unforeseen after-effects like causing blackheads to form or causing mild skin irritations. Fortunately, this body wash isn’t such a product. This non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic product won’t cause blackheads or irritate your skin. That’s because it’s a dermatologist recommended hydrating cleanser that has the same the same pH balance as healthy skin. This allows it to adequately clean the dirt, grime, and oil from your skin but do it without causing problems. Which makes this product a body wash that people can use with confidence.
4Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing
With a light pleasant scent and with oatmeal as one of its main ingredients, this product is great for anyone who suffers from sensitive skin. It’s recommended by dermatologist and will not only do a great job at cleaning but will also leave your skin feeling soft, hydrated and refreshed. It’s rich emollients leave the skin soft and supple, and it rinses off quickly and without leaving a greasy film. This body wash is also formulated to not only be soap-free but also lye-free. Anyone who wants a product that cleans, hydrates and leaves the skin soft may want to try this product out.
3Puracy Natural Bath Gel
If you believe that nature provides natural ingredients that can clean, hydrate and purify your skin, then you may want to examine this high-quality body gel. It’s manufactured with a no-sulfate formula that uses only natural preservatives and has a pleasant and invigorating scent profile. It’s made with coconut-based cleansers that work themselves into a nice foam, sea salt to purify the skin and powerful moisturizes which hydrate the skin. And since it always rinses cleanly, it doesn’t leave that annoying film on your skin like some of its competitors do. This makes this hypoallergenic and non-toxic formula one to check out.
2Philosophy Amazing Grace 3-in-1 Gel
This product has a nice, light feminine scent to it that makes the user smell as clean as the product makes them. And it’s scent isn’t overpowering like some other shampoos or shower gels. It’s a 3-in-1 product, which means that it can be used as a bubble bath, a shampoo, and a body wash. This product does a great job of removing dirt, oil, and grime from the skin and always rinses off cleanly. While it doesn’t have the moisturizing benefits that some other body wash products might have, it more than makes up for this fact with its luxurious foam and amazing cleaning ability.
1Vitabath Original Spring Green
The sweet, cool scents of pine and patchouli come together with subtle notes of rosewood in this high-quality body wash that’s one of the best shower gels currently available. This product contains a blend of vitamins and botanical extracts that help to sooth the skin and condition it at the same time. This means that it can not only remove dirt and oil but can also eliminate blackheads and help to reduce ingrown hairs after only a month of daily use. It also does an amazing job at conditioning the skin and comes in a convenient 32-ounce bottle. It’s a body wash that does a great job cleaning and conditioning the skin.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
Finding the Best Body Wash
How well a body wash performs depends on one thing, and that one thing is its ingredients. While many companies spend huge amounts of money to create fancy packaging, and to market their products, the truth of the matter is that everything you need to know is found on the body washes’ ingredient list. That’s why you really have to dig into it to find the best body wash possible.
Reading the ingredients list isn’t always easy, however. Many of the ingredients which are found on the label have technical or scientific names that may not be obvious to most people. That’s why we’ve decided to cut through it all and do the research for you. Below are some of the things that you do and don’t want in your body wash. Let’s start with the negative ingredients first.
List of Body Wash Ingredients to Avoid
While it may not be necessary for every person to avoid every ingredient listed below, it’s something that people should at least keep in mind when they’re buying a body wash. Some people may be completely fine using a product with one of the ingredients listed below, and other people may have a reaction to the ingredient. We’ve listed the information below so you can make your own decision as to what ingredients you do or don’t want in your bath wash.
- Castor Oil: Castor oil is a product that has found its way into a lot of different cosmetic products, but it’s really prevalent in body wash products. It’s placed into these products to condition the skin, and it does do that quite well. Unfortunately, it can also cause scalp irritation, and some people are allergic to it.
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate: This ethoxylated product can cause eye and scalp irritations, so it probably should be avoided. It also has a tendency to dry out the skin and is considered to be an extremely harsh cleanser.
- Ammonium Laureth Sulfate: Much like Sodium Laureth Sulfate, this ingredient can cause numerous eye and scalp irritations. This product can also cause hair follicle damage.
- Triethanolamine: This ingredient usually shows up on your ingredient label under the names Trolamine, TEA or TEA-Lauryl Sulfate. This ingredient is believed to irritate mucous membranes and may cause scalp irritation.
- Alpha Olefin Sulfonate: This product actually has a trace amount of benzene, which is a toxin that most people should try to avoid.
- Propylene Glycol: This product can cause skin and scalp irritation and may also cause an allergic response in some people.
- Triclosan: Triclosan is a product that’s used in all kinds of products from toothpaste to shower gels and deodorants. That’s because it has antimicrobial properties. Unfortunately, it also can cause reproductive problems and is a known skin irritant.
List of Ingredients That Are Beneficial
Finding a high-quality body wash isn’t just about avoiding the toxic and negative ingredients, however. It’s also about finding the ingredients which are beneficial to your skin. And that can vary from one person to the next because we all have different skin profiles. Some of us have dry skin and need a moisturizer, and some other people may have greasy skin. Therefore, you should find a product that has the ingredients that most suit your needs. With that in mind, we’ve includes some of the more beneficial ingredients you should consider.
- Lauryl Glucoside: This ingredient is a very gentle cleanser and is usually found in body washes made for sensitive skin.
- Glycerin: This oil is used to help the skin hold moisture and is a beneficial ingredient.
- Sunflower Seed Oil: This oil is also good for sensitive skin and moisturizes.
- Oatmeal: A hypoallergenic ingredient that can soothe irritated skin.
- Shea Butter: This is one of the better moisturizers available.
- Hydrolyzed Milk Protein: This ingredient can help dry skin increase its moisture levels.
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea Tree Oil has antibacterial properties, like Triclosan, but doesn’t have an adverse effect on a person’s health.
- Salicylic Acid: This ingredient can really help with dead skin cells and can also help deal with blackheads and acne.
Get More Out of Your Body Wash
Since we’ve tackled the problem of how to buy a high-quality body wash, I think it’s time to talk about how to get the most out of the product once you bring it home. Below are some tips that will help you supercharge your bathing routine so that you body wash can do more for you.
- Buy a High-Quality Bath Sponge or Puff: Make sure that you have a good quality bath puff or sponge available when you’re taking a bath and that you replace these products on a regular basis. It’s especially important to replace your puff monthly because bacteria can build up in it, so be sure to replace it every month.
- Use a Back Brush: Let’s face facts, it’s difficult for most of us to reach our backs, so having a long-handled back brush can make sure we can reach every nook and cranny of our body.
- Don’t Forget to Exfoliate: If you’re using a soft sponge, then you may want to buy a loofah pad or some other item which can be used to exfoliate your skin. Your body is constantly creating new skin cells and sloughing off the old ones, so give your body a hand and help your body get rid of them.
- Rinse-Off Completely: Make sure that you don’t leave soap residue on your skin because that can not only cause skin irritation but depending on where it’s located on your body, it can also be a medium for bacteria to grow in and cause body odor.
- Use a Moisturizer: Unless you’re already using a moisturizing body wash, you should take the time to moisturize immediately after taking a bath. Too many people suffer from dry skin and don’t even know it, so take the time to take care of your skin with a good quality moisturizer.
- Don’t Use Water That’s Too Hot: When taking a bath, cooler water temperatures are better because extremely hot water can not only dry out skin but may also cause skin damage. Which makes a warm bath the better choice.