The importance of a good night’s sleep cannot be understated, which is where proper bedding arrangements come into play. In that regard, most people can ignore a slightly uncomfortable sheet or pillowcase, but the quality of the pillow itself has to be of the highest standard. Light sleepers, for example, or people with back or neck problems tend to have real difficulties sleeping on traditional pillows, no matter how soft or comfortable they may be.
Memory foam pillows were invented to meet the demands of light sleepers, both in terms of softness and overall design. Even though most memory foam pillows serve the same basic purpose, they do differ in regards to their shape and general construction. Not just that but memory foam pillows are also more ergonomic than traditional pillows as they are a lot easier to care for. That said, let us find out what are the ten best memory foam pillows the market has to offer right now.
Best Memory Foam Pillows – Top List
10Sleep Innovations Head Start Gel Memory Foam Pillow
Designed to fit an average kid’s head, the Sleep Innovations Head Start Kids Gel Memory Foam Pillow helps in the alignment of a child’s neck and spine. With the ability to help your child fall asleep faster, it offers a cooling and comforting effect throughout the night. Featuring a removable case that can be washed by hand, it helps keep germs and bacteria away. Ideal for children who toss and turn too much, and for those who like sleeping on their side or back, this pillow helps your child get a good night’s rest and aids in better focus the next morning.
9Elite Rest Contour Memory Foam Pillow
Built for superior support and comfort, the Elite Rest Contour Memory Foam Pillow aids in the proper alignment of your spine for relief from neck pains. Made from high-quality materials, it features a durable cover that can be washed in the machine. Seeing how it is designed to contour the shape of your neck and back, it can help reduce and even prevent sleeping disorders, leaving you relaxed and comfortable throughout the night. Featuring a flexible construction, this pillow is ideal for both back and side sleepers.
8Comfort Revolution Hydraluxe Memory Foam Bed Pillow
The Comfort Revolution Hydraluxe Memory Foam Bed Pillow features a cool Cerulean design with a firm and sturdy construction, offering optimum support while sleeping. Ideal for side sleepers, this pillow comes with a mesh cover that can be removed easily and washed in the machine. Made with top quality imported materials, this pillow can last a long time if properly taken care of.
7Classic Brands Cool Sleep Memory Foam Gusseted Pillow
The Classic Brands Cool Sleep Memory Foam Gusseted Pillow is 4.5-inches in height, which makes it not too tall or short for back and side sleepers. Measuring 16 inches in length and 28 inches in width, it features a special memory foam that is infused with gel, giving you the best support for your neck, back, and shoulders. Thanks to its versatile knit cover, it helps to spread body heat while absorbing moisture, giving you the perfect night’s sleep. Resistant to bacteria, mold, and dust mites and ideal for those who suffer from allergies, this pillow is hypoallergenic and safe for your family. Equipped with a removable soft plush cover which can be machine washed, this pillow can be utilized without the case.
6MALOUF Z Natural Talalay Latex Zoned Pillow
MALOUF Z Natural Talalay Latex Zoned Pillow offers a softer sleeping experience thanks to its impressive thickness. Ideal for side sleepers, it allows your head to sink in, giving you superior support and optimal comfort. Made from 100% natural Talalay Latex, it features a high-quality cotton case that is clean, germ-free and well ventilated. Thanks to the special consistency of the foam and the latest zoned technology, it provides optimum levels of support and relief from pressure. Free from mildew and dust mites, this pillow maintains the level of heat throughout the night, giving you the rest you deserve.
5SleepJoy ViscoFresh Advanced Contour Memory Foam Pillow
The SleepJoy ViscoFresh Advanced Contour Memory Foam Pillow features a neck bolster that offers optimum support for back and side sleepers. It also comes designed with a contoured neck cradle that helps users to position their chin, enabling easy breathing and reduces snoring as well. Unlike any other pillow, this one comes designed with natural green tea that is infused into the foam eliminating any bad chemical odors. Offering 5 times the air circulating, owing to the special vents, it keeps you relaxed and comfortable throughout the night. Made from 100% polyester nano-tex material, it keeps away moisture. Furthermore, the pillow is equipped with an ingenious pillowcase with a zip closure, so as to help keep your pillow protected and to increase its durability.
4Classic Brands Conforma Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow
The Classic Brands Conforma Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow is a high-quality product made from 100% imported polyester. Featuring premium grade memory foam, it offers a contoured support for both side and back sleepers. Impressive in size, this pillow offers relief to aching necks, backs and shoulders. It is also resistant to mold, bacteria, and dust mites, while the memory foam keeps away allergies and germs. Thanks to the uniquely constructed vents on the memory foam, it offers optimum breathability and regulates the temperature of your body while you sleep.
3SleepBetter Iso-Cool Memory Foam Pillow
Made from 100% high-quality cotton, the SleepBetter Iso-Cool Memory Foam Pillow features a cotton case that is designed with Outlast Adaptive Comfort material which includes PCM beads that maintain the temperature whether hot or cold, keeping you feeling cozy and comfortable. Thanks to the versatile visco-elastic memory foam filling in a luxurious design, this pillow maximizes the levels of comfort while you sleep. Measuring an impressive 23″ x 15.5″ x 5″, this well-designed, side sleeper pillow is light in weight, durable, and easy to maintain.
2Sleep Innovations Memory Foam Contour Pillow
Uniquely constructed with a contoured shape and design, the Sleep Innovations Memory Foam Contour Pillow is made for providing therapeutic support and relief from neck pains and backaches. Thanks to the special shape, this pillow automatically takes the shape of your body, offering optimum levels of support and comfort and gentle alignment. Featuring a high contour and a low contour, it helps to reduce stiffness and pain, no matter which way you wish to utilize it.
1Coop Home Goods – PREMIUM Adjustable Loft Pillow
Featuring a Visco-elastic memory foam filling with a cover made from 60% polyester and 40% rayon, the Coop Home Goods – PREMIUM Adjustable Loft Pillow is designed to cater to all your sleeping positions. Promoting spine alignment and delivering a high standard of breathability, this pillow is hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites. Meeting all CertiPUR-US standards, it is approved for its high quality, durability, and performance. Ideal for people who suffer from allergies, this pillow will ensure that you are safe from germs and other allergens as you sleep.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
What To Look For In A Memory Foam Pillow
If you are tired of waking up with a stiff neck or if you feel like you haven’t slept enough because of uneven support from your pillow, you might want to consider investing in a memory foam pillow. These pillows are designed to reduce sleeping fatigue by providing an even, calculated support for your neck and shoulders during the night. This is bound to not only reduce stiffness and neck pain but to remove the issue altogether over time. Even so, you have to understand that not all memory foam pillows are created equal and that some are definitely better than others.
What Are Memory Foam Pillows?
Made from Visco-elastic polyfoam, memory foam pillows aim at providing optimum support to the neck, shoulders, and back while you sleep. A good memory foam pillow comes with great density and volume to provide enhanced comfort, especially for those who suffer from neck and backaches. These pillows provide relief and relaxation, decreasing the pain and giving you a good night’s sleep.
Types Of Memory Foam Pillows
There are many types of fillings and foams that are used in pillows, each with their own advantages. To help enhance sleep and provide comfort and to mold and contour to the shape of your body, memory foam pillows are far more comfortable than normal pillows. Some of the various types of memory foam pillows include:
- Cooling Gel Memory Foam – With the ability to reduce the retention of heat, this type of filling offers a cooling effect. When combined with moisture absorbing pillowcases, this type of memory foam can control your heating throughout the night for a more relaxed sleep.
- Natural Foam – Made with all natural elements, this type of foam is usually utilized in hypoallergenic pillows. Cooler than normal memory foam, a natural foam pillow is a lot more durable and environmentally friendly.
- Multi-Foam – This type of foam utilizes more than one kind of foam to help enhance the structural advantages of the pillow, providing an added standard of cooling and comfort while decreasing sinking and warming up.
- Shredded Foam – Increasing the pillow’s flexibility, this type of foam is shredded, allowing you to easily mold its shape to suit your sleeping position. Not just that but shredded foam also offers an enhanced ventilation.
Pros and Cons of Memory Foam Pillows
- Relief from Pressure & Pain – Owing to its uniquely designed body and contoured fit, a memory foam pillow helps reduce and relieve the pain and pressure in the head, neck, and shoulders.
- Support – Thanks to their shape-retaining feature, memory foam pillows offer optimum support no matter which position you sleep in.
- Noise – When compressed, memory foam pillows do not produce any sounds, making them a better option for people who are light sleepers.
- Availability – Memory foam pillows are easily available in various varieties and types and also vary in height and firmness.
- Retention of Heat – Memory foam tends to retain heat that is produced by the body. This may lead to discomfort while sleeping during the summer.
- Odor Issues – Some memory foam pillows often come with an unpleasant, lasting odor when unpacked, an odor that takes a while to clear out.
- Durability – Memory foam pillows tend to degrade quicker, resulting in dents and sags.
What To Consider
- Use of The Pillow – There are many types of memory foam pillows, each designed to help with different issues. Some of them are uniquely designed for a particular problem. Before selecting the right one for you, it is important to know your personal requirements and ailments.
- Cost – The price of a memory foam pillow depends on the quality and brand you choose. Without compromising on quality, you must ensure that you stick to your budget and choose a pillow that is not only of good quality but one that is budget friendly as well.
- Size – The size of the pillow you choose primarily depends on the size of your bed and mattress. For those of you who have smaller beds, choosing a larger sized pillow is also fine, as it depends on preference and the amount of comfort you are looking for. Some may not like large pillows while some might not prefer the smaller ones.
- Sleeping Position – One of the most important factors to consider when buying a memory foam pillow is to be well aware of your sleeping position. Memory foam pillows vary in shape, in the sense that you are bound to find out suitable for your sleeping position if you go looking. For back sleepers, a thin pillow that would provide spinal support is recommended whereas, for side sleepers, a slightly thicker filling would perhaps be the best choice.
- Pillow Firmness – The level of firmness of a memory foam pillow solely depends on the shape, size, and filling inside the pillow. A higher density memory foam filling would definitely offer better support and comfort while a less dense foam will be a whole lot smoother.
- Pillowcase – The final factor to be taken into consideration is the type of cover you would prefer for your pillow. Although this depends on your personal preference, it is also important to choose one that not only prevents staining but one that also keeps away germs and bacteria. The material and the ease in maintenance should also be considered as you would need to clean it more often as a result.