Tweezers are perhaps one of the most underrated tools that a person can have in their home. They can not only be used for cosmetic purposes but can be used for other jobs around the home such as pulling splinters. That’s probably why the average person has at least one pair of tweezers in either their medicine cabinet or in their home’s first aid kit. And if a household happens to not have a pair available to them, then they’re doing themselves a great disservice.
The one thing that most people don’t realize, however, is that there are several different types of tweezers available. There are models designed for different purposes, and among those available, there is a great variation in the quality level of some of the more popular ones. That’s why we’ve cut through all of the nonsense and have selected the top ten tweezers currently available.
Best Tweezers – Top List
10Cliganic Professional Slant
These black slanted-tweezers are great for professional use and give the user the precision they need to pull difficult hairs or for eyebrow shaping. They are durable, made of quality stainless steel and have a design that makes them easier to hold. They come with silicone caps which protect the tips during storage, and they can be easily used by both men and women. Approximately 3.75-inches long, they are the ideal size for comfortable use. And since they are made to exacting standards, the user can rest assured that these tweezers will give them a long service life and help them with just about any job.
9Coco’s Closet Eyebrow Tweezers
Many people feel like the tweezers that are made for plucking eyebrows are inadequate for the job and that’s probably the inspiration behind the creation of this pair. They have a unique shape that does a good job at not only shaping eyebrows and removing ingrown hairs but are also good for removing splinters, too. They have a silicone rubber wide grip that’s comfortable for just about anyone to hold and allows the user to more precisely pluck the hairs they need to pluck. They are also equipped with a 20-degree angled tip that can grab hair by the root, allowing a more rapid plucking of facial hairs.
8Smarkle Professional Shaping Pack
The manufacturer of this 4-pack of tweezers knows that no individual tweezer can do everything, especially when it comes to eyebrow shaping. For a person to successfully shape their eyebrows to exacting standards, they are probably going to have to use several different types of tweezers, and the 4 most common types have been included in this pack. This set contains a pair of slanted tips, flat tips. angled and pointed tweezers. They are also made from stainless steel that’s been expertly aligned are designed to last a lifetime. Also included with this set is a carrying case for transporting and storing these innovative tools.
7Majestic Bombay Precision Pointed
These bright yellow metal pointed tweezers are designed to be a surgical grade tool that’s manufactured from high-quality stainless steel and can be used for a variety of purposes. Unlike other more inexpensive products on the market, these tweezers are designed to get the job done right the first time. It can be used to pull out splinters, remove ingrown hairs and for shaping eyebrows. They are factory aligned and hand calibrated so that they are capable of being used for even precision jobs. These tweezers are also extremely easy to clean and store, so they’re always ready for use.
6Aumelo Professional 4-Pack
Men and women who need to shape their eyebrows are confronted with two problems when they usually try to buy tweezers. The first problem they usually encounter is that many of the models on the market are low-quality products. And two, they have trouble finding a set that has all of the tweezers they need in it. So, it’s probably a good thing that this kit solves both of those problems. Not only are the tools in this set made from high-quality stainless steel, but there are 4-different tweezers in it to handle a variety of jobs. This set contains pointed, angled, flat and slanted tweezers that can be used for everything from eyebrow shaping to splinter removal and more.
5Tweezer Guru Slant-Tip
This brand knows that there are too many tweezers which leave the factory misaligned and end up being purchased by dissatisfied consumers. That’s why they make sure that every pair that leaves their factory is properly aligned to deliver precision performance that can’t be beaten by other manufacturers. These tweezers are expertly calibrated for tension and allow the user to get hairs that other tools fail to grab. It has a stainless steel tip design that’s not only effective in removing splinters and stray hairs but is also easy-to-clean and is very durable. It’s a tool that will make day-to-day grooming a whole lot easier.
4Brilliant Beauty 4-Piece Set
This expertly designed kit is evidently designed by people who know the challenges most people face when they shape their eyebrows or pluck facial hair because they’ve included all of the tools a person needs to get the job done quickly and accurately. In this kit can be found four different types of tweezers including a rounded tip one, a needle nose one, a slanted one and a flat tip one. It also comes with a leather carrying case that can be used to store these tools and makes them portable for on the run use. And finally, this kit comes with a magnification mirror with a suction mount that can provide 10-times the magnification of an ordinary mirror.
3Purebello 4-Piece Set
Although this multi-colored 4-pack of tweezers looks like a set that’s more concerned with looks than performance, the truth of the matter is these tools are some of the highest quality currently available. They are made from 100% stainless steel and are never coated with any unnatural chemicals when they are manufactured. They are also calibrated perfectly to deliver a precision plucking experience that will please almost everyone. In this set, users will find a pointed tip, an angled tip, a flat tip, and a round tip. They will also discover that this set has a leather travel case that makes it easy to store and transport these extremely useful and colorful tools.
2Zizzili Basics Slant-Tip
There are tweezers which claim to be high-quality products but end up disappointing the user when they get them home. Fortunately, this tool isn’t one of those inferior models. That’s because this product is made from high-quality stainless steel and is not only designed according to exacting engineering standards, but they are also calibrated before they leave the factory. This ensures that they never break hair and have the grip necessary to hold onto the hair until it can be pulled. It also ensures that these tools last a long time and don’t end up rusting or losing their grip over time.
1Show & Tell Tweezer Set
Although it would be easy to write this set of tweezers as just another set more concerned with looks than performance, that initial observation would quickly be proven wrong once this set was used for the first time. That’s because these tweezers not only have a sparkle frosted glitter finish but also have some of the features people expect from high-quality grooming tools. They are manufactured from stainless steel, so they won’t rust and are calibrated for accuracy at the factory. This set comes with a blue flat tipped model, a pink slanted tip model, and a white pointed model. And all of them are included in a quality PVC case for safe storage.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
A Guide To Using Tweezers
Tweezers are one of the oldest tools used by mankind, which should be an indication to just about anyone how important they are. And since they are tools, they should be treated as such. Which is to say that they should be used properly and properly taken care of at all times. With those purposes in mind, we’ll begin this guide with instructions on how to properly use these tools for grooming.
The Basics Of Using Tweezers
Although the procedure for tweezing eyebrows may be slightly different than tweezing other types of hair, the truth of the matter is there’s a basic procedure for using a tweezer. And if you know this procedure, then you’ll be better able to handle the different jobs that may be required of this tool. Below are some of the basics of using a pair of tweezers.
- Pull the Skin Tight: The first thing that should be done is to pull the skin tight between the hair follicles. This allows the user to isolate the hairs they intend on pulling.
- Tweeze Parallel to Hair Growth: It’s important to always tweeze the hairs that are parallel to the direction of the hair growth. For example, if the eyebrows on the left are to be done, then the hairs are pulled to the left.
- Do Quick Pulls: Pulling the hair quickly is better than slowly plucking the hair.
- Consider Icing: If plucking hair follicles are too painful, then the area can always be iced after the hairs have been pulled.
Additional Tip For Using Tweezers
Now that we’ve covered the basics of using a pair of tweezers, here are a few additional tips which will help the average user get the most out of their hair pulling escapades.
- Don’t Ice Follicles Before Tweezing: Some people ice their eyebrows before plucking their eyebrows and this is absolutely the wrong thing to do. Cold hair follicles hold on better than warm follicles.
- Do Ice Splinters: Although icing eyebrows aren’t recommended before plucking them, it is recommended to ice a splinter before using a pair of tweezers to remove it. It will dull the pain and this will allow the splinter to be more easily extracted.
- Use a Warm Compress Before Plucking: Applying a warm compress to eyebrows before they’re plucked will loosen up the hair follicles and allow the hair to be more easily plucked.
- Pluck After Showering: Another trick for loosening up hair follicles is to pluck the eyebrows immediately after leaving the shower.
- Use Baby Oral-Gel: Applying a little bit of baby Oral-gel to the eyebrows before they are plucked can reduce some of the pain of the whole process.
- Choose the Right Pair of Tweezers: There are a ton of different tweezers available, so it’s important to choose the right one for the job that’s being done. Below are some of the more common types of tweezers and their uses.
Choosing a Type of Tweezers
If one thing is for certain, there are quite a variety of different types of tweezers available. However, most beauty experts would break them down into the following categories: Slant-tip, flat-tip, pointed, claw-grip and wide-grip tweezers. Below are the distinctions between these five different types of tweezers.
- Slant-Tip: These are designed for accomplishing jobs such as helping to apply false eyelashes or for plucking individual hairs. It can also be used to give eyebrows shape.
- Point-Tip: These tweezers can be dangerous to use, but they do have their benefits. They are especially good for removing ingrown hairs and for plucking out splinters from the skin.
- Flat-Tip: These are ideal for applying false eyelashes and are more comfortable to use around sensitive areas such as the eyes. They’re also good for applying false fingernails or for doing highly detailed jewelry work. What they aren’t good for, however, is pulling hair. That’s because they tend to pull out large areas of hair at one time.
- Claw Grip: These tweezers are ideal for plucking sensitive areas and for pulling hair from around the hairline. They’re also useful for removing stray facial hairs.
- Wide-Grip: These tweezers are good for people who have problems gripping, but it can also be used by just about anyone.
Proper Tweezers Maintenance
Once a person has selected the appropriate pair of tweezers and has used it correctly, it’s time for them to put their tweezers away for next time. However, that doesn’t mean simply throwing them to the side of the sink or into a jar. No, proper tweezers maintenance is as important as buying the right pair. Below are some tips on taking care of a pair of tweezers.
- Keep Them Clean: Before a person uses a pair of tweezers they should clean them with isopropyl alcohol and a cotton ball. They should also clean them after each use to remove dead skin cells and built-up bacteria.
- Properly Store Them: They should be completely dried off and either stored with their tips facing upwards or placed in a tweezers case. It’s also important to keep them away from areas where they may be exposed to moisture for long periods of time as well.
- Occasionally Sharpen Them: Most people don’t know that they should keep their tweezers sharp. And the people who do know don’t always know how to sharpen them. Fortunately, the process is easy. All that has to be done is to rub the edges of the tweezers on an Emory board for a couple of swipes on each edge.
Tweezers Are The Perfect Tool
Now that everyone knows just how versatile these tools are, hopefully, more and more people will give some thought to the tweezers they buy. A pair of tweezers can really help a person keep themselves looking as good as possible, but only if it’s used in a responsible manner. As is the case with any other tool, using a pair of tweezers improperly may not only affect its performance but may also be harmful to the person using it. And that’s why everyone should educate themselves on the proper use and storage of their tweezers.